Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Weekend #7

This weekend I finally made it to another borough of the City of New York! On Saturday morning I got on the #2 subway line and 45 minutes later I was in Park Slope, getting off at the Grand Army Plaza stop. When you exit the subway station to ground level you are welcomed by this fabulous arch celebrating the Union army. I then walked a few blocks to my friend Eliot's apartment, had a cup of tea with him, then walked a bit through Prospect Park and had lunch at a favorite Thai restaurant. This restaurant is on the 2nd floor on the corner of 7th and Carrol and it is across from a beautiful church. I then walked down 7th avenue to about 9th street and then back on 5th avenue to the Atlantic Avenue subway station heading back to Manhattan. Along the way I took some photos and one actually received a 10 of 10 score on Flickr (of course I also received much lower scores too) but here it is. You can see others on my Flickr site. Overall I liked Park Slope but Manhattan is still my first choice to live.

On Saturday evening I met up again with Eliot and he took me to this real authentic speak easy in the West Village called Chumley's. There are no signs whatsoever identifying it as a happening bar and restaurant but once you walk in that is exactly what you find. There is actually a second entrance, just in case the police raid the place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home